"Domestic adoption seems so much easier!"
International and domestic adoption both have many joys and challenges. Each process is unique and each family must decide which is right for them and how the Lord is leading them.
Here are some things to think about when considering these two routes to building your family:
International adoption may be a good fit for your family if:
- You love to travel or experience and embrace new cultures.
- You are open to an older infant, toddler, preschooler or older child.
- You are interested in a group of siblings.
- You are willing to walk through language and attachment barriers to redeem one of His precious children.
Domestic adoption may be a good fit for your family if:
- The thought of getting a passport and eating unfamiliar food makes you cringe.
- Your heart is set on adopting a newborn infant.
- You are mostly interested in one child or twins.
- You are willing to know and embrace your child's birth family showing His love to them even as you revel in the sweet one He gives you to care for.
There are many more things to consider including costs, wait times, children available, the process, your family dynamics, and more.
If have been thinking about adoption and would like to discuss the joys, challenges, and process, please contact me at 816-237-8242 or firstname.lastname@example.org.