Monday, June 2, 2014

Full Circle...From Angela about our Adoption

Originally posted September 2010

Many of you know that adoption has been a part of our lives for many years.  To start with I was adopted as a child.  I understand well the two worlds an adoptee walks in as they hold a place in their hearts for both the family who gave them life and the family who raises them.
Secondly, I am a birth mom.  At eighteen, I made an adoption plan for my son, knowing he would have the family, support and opportunities I  could not give him at that time.  Again I understand well the anguish a birth mother goes through, the hopes and dreams she has for her child and the intense love a birth mother feels as she makes plans for a future and hope for her child.
Now we are in the midst of preparing our house for a baby and our paperwork for the adoption.  We have written our life stories for the home study social worker and are now working on a profile with pictures and information about our family.  This profile will go to young women who will use it to help them decide if we are to be the family for their unborn child.
I remember well reading the profile when I was making an adoption plan for my son.  I remember the love and encouragement the adoptive family showed me throughout the process as they received their new son into their family.  It is a privilege to be the one in a position to show love and speak words of life to the birth mother of the child we will adopt.  It is a privilege to walk out one of the greatest realities of the kingdom of God when He adopted us into His family.

No comments:

Post a Comment