Monday, June 2, 2014

Such Sweetness as This

Who needs toys???
Originally posted May 22, 2011
We’ve been home nearly a week now.  It has indeed been a whirlwind, but we are finally unpacked and the laundry is finished just in time to start again tomorrow.  I am constantly amazed at the places in my house that are still not toddler-proof despite hours of installing locks, gates and other things to deter curious fingers.  We installed a gate a few days ago which he promptly figured out how to open.  Today, he came close to figuring out how to open the cabinet latches.  What does one do when they beat the system?  Double latches? :-)
I have to say this week has had its ups and downs as we’ve all learned how to be a bigger family.  The best ups happened yesterday and today.  Yesterday, I was doing the dishes when I felt a little hand go around my leg as he peeked around me at someone else.  I knew he recognized me as that safe place to run to.
Today I had to leave for about an hour and half.  Towards the end he disappeared up the stairs with dad following to see what he was doing.  He went into my room and called “mama?”  He was looking for me!  He missed me!  Oh still my beating heart.
I cannot tell you how much I relish the hugs and even the times of juggling him on one hip while I try to do something in the kitchen with my other hand.  With my girls being 9 and 11, I know that these times of snuggling won’t last long.  I intend to make the most of them!
I also relish the times when we rock him to sleep.  We never rocked the girls, but that is his way.  It knocks him out in a few minutes and then I can pray over him and enjoy his sweetness without all the wiggliness.
Yep, it doesn’t really get any sweeter than sticky banana-mouth kisses and handing me chewed food that he decided he didn’t like after all.  It doesn’t get any sweeter than blowing kisses and snuggling on my shoulder when the world overwhelms.  Could God have blessed me any more than this?
They all three love swinging!
Doesn't he look ready for a nap?

No comments:

Post a Comment