Monday, June 2, 2014

So Much Alike

Originally posted June 2011
Many people know that I am adopted.  Officially I was adopted at 8.  However, I started living with my adoptive parents when I was about one.  Not much younger than Christian.
This similarity in our stories really hit me last night when I was praying over him and talking to him about how much he is loved and wanted.  I was telling him how I know it is hard and all so different.  As I said that, I realized, I really DO know!  I know it is possible to want to be with both sets of parents so bad it hurts.  I know it is possible to love your first mom and dad and your adoptive parents equally!  I know how important BOTH of my moms are to me now.
I tell him as many good things about his first mama as I can.  She is his mom.  So am I.  She is part of him and always will be.  I don’t mind sharing because I get it.  Some day he may have the privilege to tell his children that he is lucky to have two moms who love him so much.  I don’t know if we will get to meet her again in the future, but I will embrace her if we do.  I will tell her everything her heart desires to know about her boy and shower her with pictures and stories.  I will bring her into our circle, our family, and love her like I love him.
She is, after all, the reason I get to hold this boy in my arms each day and get lost in his smiles and snuggles.
I could never have imagined it would be this good!

No comments:

Post a Comment